Kids' Corner is a parent-sponsored nonprofit licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care, serving the Winchester, MA community since 1982 with dedicated teachers, enthusiastic kids, and a successful program. Kids' Corner provides enriching programs to school age children after school on all school days from September through June, and spe-cial programming during February and April school vacations and during the summer. This is a place where children can learn, have fun, play outside, make new friends, and be part of a true community. We promote education, enrichment, and personal growth through a variety of academic, social, sporting, and creative activities.
Our wonderful, professional and dedicated staff have each been at Kids' Corner for an average of 7 years. All of our lead teachers are Massachusetts Licensed, or working toward Masters in Education, and all staff have at minimum a college education.
Kids' Corner is located in the lower level of the old Mystic School at 263 Main Street. Transportation is provided for students; however, parents are responsible for purchasing their own bus passes through Winchester School Department.
- Features and Benefits of the Kids' Corner Program Model
- Kids' Corner History and Organizational Structure
- Parent involvement, our parent support philosophy, and the Board of Directors
- Read what our families have to say
To nurture compassionate and confident youth through exceptional and engaging out-of-school programs.
- To provide a comfortable, safe, and stable environment, as well as a variety of recreational and enrichment activities.
- To offer a balance of structured and unstructured activities, with opportunities for relaxation, free play, creativity, and homework.
- To meet the special needs of both older and younger children in the program.
- To make extensive use of resources in the community and the greater Boston area.