Kids' Corner is a parent-sponsored nonprofit licensed by the Department of Early Education and Care, serving the Winchester, MA community since 1982 with dedicated teachers, enthusiastic kids, and a successful program. Kids' Corner provides enriching programs to school age children after school on all school days from September through June, and spe-cial programming during February and April school vacations and during the summer. This is a place where children can learn, have fun, play outside, make new friends, and be part of a true community. We promote education, enrichment, and personal growth through a variety of academic, social, sporting, and creative activities.
Our wonderful, professional and dedicated staff have each been at Kids' Corner for an average of 7 years. All of our lead teachers are Massachusetts Licensed, or working toward Masters in Education, and all staff have at minimum a college education.
Kids' Corner is located in the lower level of the old Mystic School at 263 Main Street. Transportation is provided for students; however, parents are responsible for purchasing their own bus passes through Winchester School Department.
- Read our 2018-2019 Annual Report
- Features and Benefits of the Kids' Corner Program Model
- Kids' Corner History and Organizational Structure
- Parent involvement, our parent support philosophy, and the Board of Directors
- Read what our families have to say
To nurture compassionate and confident youth through exceptional and engaging out-of-school programs.
Kids’ Corner’s vision is a Winchester in which every child knows and is celebrated for their unique strengths and abilities.
- Culture of caring and respect – attending to the needs of our families, honoring the wellbeing and engagement of our staff, listening to the community
- Engagement and exploration – expanding children’s global and self-awareness, interests, and abilities through enriching experiences
- Developmentally responsive – attending to children’s diverse needs, interests, and voices.
- Partnerships across the community – active and engaged member of the community.